Our Company began to operate in 1971, providing fuel transportation services, mainly to the state-owned Fuel Company, YPF. In the 80’s the demand for transportation services decreased and this led to looking for solutions. Logistics was the answer as an outsourced activity. During the following years, Zarcam concentrated specifically on consolidating its services as a Logistics Operator, providing services to important local industries and even being active in a new market, the Pilar Industrial Park, where we incorporated new Distribution Centers and new customers. The company also began to operate in our customers’ plants and such operation has continued since then. As an additional business unit we have kept the “Fuel Area” which comprises retail sales via a YPF gas station and the wholesale distribution to different industries, agricultural and transportation companies, etc. In March 2003 Zarcam launched its Continuous Improvement Program. This program was included in the development of a Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2000), which was certified in 2005 by IRAM. Currently, Zarcam has more than 60 fleet vehicles and warehouses for more than 80.000 M2. These warehouses are strategically located in Zárate, Campana, Pilar Industrial Park, all of them in Buenos Aires Province, and also on Av. Circunvalación in Córdoba City.
To provide professional, innovative and sustainable solutions in the supply chain, thus contributing to the development of our groups of interest.
To be a Logistics Company that can be considered a role mode.
To provide excellent logistics services to our customers, ensuring product management efficiency and quality, observing high health, safety and environment standards.
- Ethical conduct.
- Service vocation.
- Cooperative attitude.
- Sustainable development.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT POLICY
This policy is oriented to constantly achieving and exceeding customers’ needs and satisfaction. Zarcam S.A commits itself to ensuring the quality of the services it provides, preserving the environment in which it operates, fostering and establishing a culture based on its personnel safety and health. Therefore, the management team considers this Policy an integral part of its business and as such, a priority to all management, and it ensures it is known, understood and observed by all company members. For this reason the following principles have been established:
- Observe applicable legislation, the requirements agreed on with customers, current certified standards (ISO 9001, Sello CEDOL, CASAFE’s Programa Depósito OK and PCRMA), and any other commitment the company makes.
- Implement and keep Management Systems focused on Quality, people’s Health and Safety and the Environment that ensure the compliance with this policy and that include:
- Continuous improvement.
- Preventing contamination: environmental aspects and impact; rational use of energy and non-renewable resources.
- Identifying of hazards, risk assessment, prevention and response in case of emergencies.
- Satisfaction of our customers and of their customers.
- Personnel development by means of training and participation.
- Observing and having personnel observe security standards.
- Protecting organization’s information assets from internal and external threats.
- Assessing the observance of this Policy via audits.
- Providing the resources necessary to comply with this Policy and the objectives established.
COMPANY ETHICS CODE
It is one of the instruments the Company can use to express and collect its set of values, ethical principles and standards.
The application of this Code does not prevail over legal requirements, furthermore, it aims to higher standards than those imposed by current legislation.
The Code applies to all Company’s personnel regardless of their hierarchy. It is equally applied to all employees. Zarcam also expects its customers, suppliers and shareholders to share and uphold the same values.
As an organization, Zarcam demands each and every party be familiar with the Ethics Code, which is publicly accessible information.